Tuesday 31 March 2015

A New Life

Tell us about a time when you took a bold step, and brought about a big change in your own life. Share your story with the world using #StartANewLife. 


My Engineering was over, at last. I was placed through campus in Infosys. I had never stayed away from home. Everyone told me, don’t go. When the time to move away came, my mom was emotional. She told me not to go and instead search for a job in Mumbai itself.

But I was stubborn. I wanted to experience a new city, a new environment. I was always a pampered kid. For a change,I wanted to fight my battle, leave the circle of love and care and try build my own identity.

I knew I would have to do my laundry, my food – all on my own. To be honest, I hadn’t ever washed my clothes nor cooked. Maggi was all I could cook. But it was time now to explore.

Mysore was where my training centre was. A beautiful place - but away from home. I felt homesick initially and whenever I would call home, mom would cry. So I decided to call every 3 days.

Life kept me busy during my training tenure. Hectic life - a life where you learn to become self reliant teaches you many things.

A new city teaches you to adapt. Given my background, I was spoon fed all the time. This experience taught me to become self dependent. No dear one to help me out with things, it was unusual in the beginning.

I met new people, made new friends, learnt a lot from them. The training centre in Mysore is among the top 3 in the world. I gained knowledge, not just application wise, but practical knowledge too.

Most importantly, staying away from home with limited finances teaches you to manage and save money. It is an art. It has made me more responsible!

I am glad I took this bold step of staying away from home and pursuing my dreams.

I am definitely a better person than I was before leaving home. However beautiful, nothing can replace home, but yes, some things are better learnt when you are alone. Time is the best teacher, if you’re willing to learn.

Staying away from home has given me the exposure I needed and opened doors of great opportunities. The pressure keeps you rooted to your goal, distractions are at bay and your confidence grows.

Staying away from my loved ones brought me closer to God. I started praying often and thanking God for a wonderful family who I have to return to soon!

This bold step has changed my life for good – made me more confident, optimist and I feel glad I took the leap of faith. It worked in my favor. This is my story. #StartANewLife. 

Always follow your heart and let it take you where it wants. Miracles are explored and you grow as an individual. Stay positive.

At Housing, they love change - good change! Change signifies that we're moving forward, living better, and giving ourselves the chance to be the best we can possibly be. So ring in positivity and bring good changes to your life.  See here: https://housing.com/.

See this lovely colorful Housing.com Video Ad 

No comments:

Post a Comment